Wednesday, February 08, 2012

The Lady In White




The first time I laid my eyes on her
I couldn't resist touching her pearl whiteness,
Nothing did she have to do
But be there elegantly seated on the desk
For me to choose that she will go with me.

Petite and snug in my arms
I can walk around holding her
She had no complaints and no bargains
Simple, was to be with her.

I've spent hours just looking at her
Never getting bored
She always had something new to share
Or let me lead the course.

As days passed
May be I didn't really marvel
At how much she is a part of me
Simply because she had become so inherent
Of both my day and night.

Until one day
When I saw her slip off by mistake
I helplessly watched her
Sliding like a silky white cloth
Onto the blood red carpet in my living room.

My heart missed a beat
And I froze on the spot for a second
Before I sprang forward
To pick her up quickly.

I noticed the crevice on her back
And felt a cringe in me too
As I gently placed her on her seat
And switched on to see if she survived the fall.

She blinked on her green and orange lights
And flashed her blue smile
Displaying her cyber codes
And I felt myself relax my back.

With an extra strength I pressed her back
That set right the crevice
That I was responsible for.
I promised to myself then
To take care of my good friend and companion
My lady in white.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vidhya,
That was really sweet!Keep it up.
regards,
Vaswati